YTG now Damnlag.com

Skalgrim

I'm kinda surprised you changed the forum name to your own, I only found this forum thanks to it's old name. It's of course your call since you own it and this isn't critique, I'm just pointing this out as it may (or may not) be harder for new members to find this forum since the name no longer apply what the forum is about.

I do like the new design though :)

RetralMega

I'm kinda surprised you changed the forum name to your own, I only found this forum thanks to it's old name. It's of course your call since you own it and this isn't critique, I'm just pointing this out as it may (or may not) be harder for new members to find this forum since the name no longer apply what the forum is about.

I do like the new design though :)
I found this website by googling "YouTube Gaming Community". I just googled that again, and DamnLag still appears, so it's not an issue. And typing in YouTubeGaming still brings up DamnLag. It's really just a cosmetic change.

Skalgrim

I found this website by googling "YouTube Gaming Community". I just googled that again, and DamnLag still appears, so it's not an issue. And typing in YouTubeGaming still brings up DamnLag. It's really just a cosmetic change.
Well.. we who are members here know the name Damnlag to be related to the YouTube gaming community :) Others probably wont.

And yes it does say "YouTube Gaming Community" in the search, but I'm still kinda surprised about the choice.

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Well.. we who are members here know the name Damnlag to be related to the YouTube gaming community :) Others probably wont.

And yes it does say "YouTube Gaming Community" in the search, but I'm still kinda surprised about the choice.
It might be a bit different, but it will work out. I will continue to promote the community the same ways, pointing people to the site on social media. And hopefully you, the community, will do your part in continuing to help us spread the word about the community still.

The name is more of a brand now and it doesn't include another companies trademark that could possibly come back to bite us in the butt some day if we were to stick with that name.

As long as the community continues to offer what it has from day one, promotion and community, then it will continue to be a successful site I think.

Skalgrim

It might be a bit different, but it will work out. I will continue to promote the community the same ways, pointing people to the site on social media. And hopefully you, the community, will do your part in continuing to help us spread the word about the community still.

The name is more of a brand now and it doesn't include another companies trademark that could possibly come back to bite us in the butt some day if we were to stick with that name.

As long as the community continues to offer what it has from day one, promotion and community, then it will continue to be a successful site I think.
Yes I suppose you're right about that, and I do believe this community will continue to grow and gain even more members, there's already plenty here to spread the word:)

Let's hope 2015 will be a better gaming year.

FlasherGaming

Yeah, but the name was trademarked and not monetizable. The name should not matter as long as the forum continues to do what it has been doing for over a year under that domain.

This new name allows us to focus on other video sites as well, such as Twitch. We could have done Twitch forums on the old domain, but it would have been funny seeing twitch forums on a site named for youtube.
That's true and the idea is really nice to spread website also with other social media websites.
Keep up the good work!

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Those who remember the old name of this site being youtubegaming.com.

Its officially owned by Google now and redirects to gaming.youtube.com :)

Discord

Latest New Threads