Youtube is dying

risktwo

An automated system is marking videos as "Not suitable for all advertisers". This has already happened to big youtubers and it happened to me today. It seems like we need an alternative. I personally might give vidme a try, but it would be awesome if Twitch took over and started hosting gaming videos. I sent them an email suggesting this so if more people suggest it, maybe they will consider it. Thoughts?

Here's a video example from UberHaxorNova on youtube:

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
They recently introduced a new Twitch API. They've been doing a YouTube style video section with the clips that people create. They have the platform for gamers, they just need to figure out a good way to make it work with the live streaming.

Youtube needs help!

I'm sure that they will figure something out to make it work again! They've been here so long that they know better than everyone else what to do in situations like this!

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Another platform needs to build something that people would rather use for YouTube to die. If Twitch turns into an uploading site, then that could persuade the gamers to jump ship from YouTube.

RDTechy

Another platform needs to build something that people would rather use for YouTube to die. If Twitch turns into an uploading site, then that could persuade the gamers to jump ship from YouTube.
If twitch hosted vids then I wouldn't bother with YouTube for sure.

I don't find Youtube that bad TBH except for the fact that you can't use badwords which I don't use that often anyway but I don't like being restricted by it

Midnightas

If any indie is making an alternative, I'd be glad to help (Dev here).
But consider all the space that would be needed. (Terabytes upon terabytes of storage if you expect this to be as good as YT)

Amaryx

I don't think YouTube as a whole is dying but I think YouTube gaming is dying and it's really showing. YouTube is still gonna have creators from other genres still upload on their website. YouTube will figure out the demonetization problem. Eventually gamers will have a new platform they'll move forward to in the near future most likely.

Discord

Latest New Threads