Why Every Video Should Have a Script

I don't think I could make a good video without scripting first. I know there are people out there who are good at improvising and power to them if they can make a good video without script.
thats pretty much down to talent though.. Not a skill thats easily developed but something you are blessed with

ALesserMan

I'm not entirely sure we agree on what a script is per se. When I finish a script, I record the audio, edit that and then proceed to put together the visual elements. Yes, the script does generally change a bit during the production cycle, but it's not like I'm ad libbing mid-line recording.

I think what you're referring to is more like framing notes? So that when you're recording a more let's play style video you don't run out of things to say and leave dead air. i may be misinterpreting though.

What I will say is plenty of video formats have no need for a script. People who talk with charisma and conviction or who do whatever they do really well will draw an audience regardless of whether their every action is pre-planned.

IcarusMachinima

I think that you can only get away with not having a script if it’s reacting to gameplay or playing through a game for fun. But even let’s play videos do need some sort of script, because it’s awful listening to “erm... umm this thing is over here.”

Discord

Latest New Threads