What Mic Do You Use That Gives The Biggest Bang For Your Buck?

Always Sunbros

Just as the topic says. Looking for better mic quality durning recording, and want to know the best mic for the lowest price! Let me know what you think is best. Any help is appreciated!

SuperShyan

I would go for a blue snowball, it's pretty good. I've seen them online for about $20-50. But you might need to buy a new cord because the one that comes with it doesn't work on newer computers or at least mine didn't. I hope this helps.

Always Sunbros

I would go for a blue snowball, it's pretty good. I've seen them online for about $20-50. But you might need to buy a new cord because the one that comes with it doesn't work on newer computers or at least mine didn't. I hope this helps.
For $20 bucks that isn't a bad idea. I'll look into it. Thank you bro!

Paladin Goo

He's right man - the snowball is the very best bang for the buck microphone you can buy. If you're only looking for a cardoid pattern mic (which is what you want for most youtube/podcasting if you're by yourself), get the snowball ICE version of the mic. It's a bit cheaper than the standard snowball, because it only offers cardoid and not omni/bidirectional recording, but sounds just as great.

Always Sunbros

He's right man - the snowball is the very best bang for the buck microphone you can buy. If you're only looking for a cardoid pattern mic (which is what you want for most youtube/podcasting if you're by yourself), get the snowball ICE version of the mic. It's a bit cheaper than the standard snowball, because it only offers cardoid and not omni/bidirectional recording, but sounds just as great.
Awesome anything that helps my wallet helps the recording. Im looking into the snowball now actually ha. Everywhere I go they say snowball. Thank you!

Kire

Skip the Blue Snowball IMO, and save up a bit more for a Yeti.
Still my favorite microphone although at the moment I use an AT4040.

ImperialArm

I'm using a Yeti pro and I absolutely love it, got it on sale from best buy, almost bought the black editon just cause it looks amazing, and came with Watch Dogs 2, but for the price I couldn't ask for better.

ItzBaby

As a person who owns the blue snowball, I would definitely recommend it. For only about $50, it is a very clear mic with great quality.