What exactly IS partnering?

Vocosol

Veteran
Not in the sense of being able to Monetize your views on YouTube, but what is partnering with a Gaming Network? What is required, what's it do? I'm a little confused on what joining a network means. This thread can also serve as a spot for others to find the answer to the same question. x3

Thanks guys!

kitsune tsuki

RPM Partner
Hi Vocosol, from what i understand "partnering" with a network allows you to place advertisements and monetize your videos without having to worry about copyrights from the games creators and owners, for example if you place an advert on a call of duty video then Activision or could make you pay all the money earned from that to them as they own the rights to the game. I'm not entirely sure how it works i assume the gaming networks have already paid money to these companies to secure the rights to display gameplay.

they will usually set up the advertising and will help promote your videos and take care of all the financial side of things

I know there are requirements to join networks, the application for one network asks if your channel has over 1,500 subs and 75,000 views however other networks maybe higher or lower than that

there are reasons to join other than money, these networks have lots of partners who will be able to offer you services like copyright free music or thumbnails for your videos and such and of course it will give you contact with lots of people who are passionate about gaming to offer advice or to play your games with

Hope this helped, i'm not currently partnered and all the above is information i found whilst researching partnerships recently, i noticed there are a few networks on this site hopefully they will be able to add to this :)

Dathrick

Hey bud,
I hope this helps, but if it doesn't let me know!
I am partnered with RPM recently. They take 50% of my ad money from my videos, and in return I have access to many benefits. There is a partner only forums where you can get help and advice. There is music that RPM pays for for you to use in your videos to no personal charge. There is one-on-one support from RPM when you need it. And RPM takes care of playing premium ads that make more money than typical ones. They also help get your name and channel out there.
It's a big decision, but so far I think I made the right one.
Regards,
Dath~

Dathrick

Yes, which was a huge, wait a second moment for me. However, you get music for free that you would have to pay for normally by yourself. And since partnering, I have gained more subs and views than I had been doing. It's a big choice, and it's a 1 year contract. However my thoughts are in 1year, I won't make that much, but hopefully I'll get a lot more subs. If I decide to unpartner, I don't lose those subs.
Regards,
Dath~

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Yes, which was a huge, wait a second moment for me. However, you get music for free that you would have to pay for normally by yourself. And since partnering, I have gained more subs and views than I had been doing. It's a big choice, and it's a 1 year contract. However my thoughts are in 1year, I won't make that much, but hopefully I'll get a lot more subs. If I decide to unpartner, I don't lose those subs.
Regards,
Dath~

With the new YouTube layout, there really isn't a way to tell who's partnered and who's not anymore. Everyone has a banner and there's nothing exclusive for partners anymore.

Unless they offered to promote your videos and advertise your channel, I don't see how being partnered is going to help you get more subscribers.

IMO, its all about the content on your channel and how you promote it.

Dathrick

If you were going to considering partnering up. Do some research first, what are people saying about the network? Bad things or good? What benefits are being offered to you by the network, and how satisfied are current partners with their network.
Regards,
Dath~

Discord

Latest New Threads