If you don't know, here are the rules for a nuzlocke:-
- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in the Pokémon Storage System permanently.
- The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch. If there's a static encounter in the area, the player is allowed to capture them despite already capturing a Pokémon in that area. Shiny Pokémon also do not apply to this rule.
- The general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
- The general consensus is that a black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
- Species/Dupes Clause: Adjusting the first encounter rule to prevent the player from having to catch multiple of the same Pokémon, for the sake of variety. Generally this means that the trainer can keep fighting Pokémon in the area until one is encountered that has not been caught yet, which then immediately counts as the first encounter.