The origin of your name?

Vocosol

Veteran
I'm curious to see how everyone came up with their username. Considering it's sort of like your identity on the internet(like many others I use Vocosol and Vocosolis everywhere now), the way you thought of it is an important part of the name.

Personally, Vocosolis(my YouTube and deviantArt) came up because, while I use Vocosol for everything else, I'd had accounts on YT and DA that I deactivated and wasn't able to get the username back. So I just added the "is".

As for Vocosol, that's a little more complex. I wanted to find a memorable name that most people would be able to say, like Notch, CaptainSparklez, TotalHalibut, etc;

My name is actually two. Voco and Sol are actually two latin words, Sol meaning sun, which is where we get words like Solar, and Voco meaning "I call/I summon". The literal translation of Voco sol is "I call the sun". If you put the two together as one word, you get Vocosol. :)

How did you all come up with your usernames?

Dathrick

World Of Warcraft days.
My rogue was "Theowner", once I hit 80 and joined a guild, I didn't like that anymore. My deathknight random name generator was Deathrick, I half liked it, but kinda corny. So take off the E, its not Death now, it's Dathrick!
Dath~

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
I came up with Viper because that's one of my favorite cars, dream cars. The Game Over part was just something catchy to go along with Viper. I got the idea of that from GameOverGreggy on IGN. Then I think a clan started up called GameOver, where they did there names like mine. So now I see a few people when playing COD with GameOverSOandSo. lol

kitsune tsuki

RPM Partner
I used to play a lot of online anime golf (pangya) and called my self MrFox, seeing as i was late to Xbox that gamertag was gone but i wanted to keep the fox theme especially for playing games like CoD as i'm the guy who likes to sneak round and knife the snipers and campers which i felt was very fox like :p so the name Kitsune tsuki is Japanese Kitsune meaning fox and tsuki meaning possession together they are used to describe someone possessed by a fox, simple :D

So why do i use Fox? well my surname ends with Fox and obviously because foxes are awsome

Cooliex

My full nickname is Cooliex the Twilight Dragon

Cooliex originally came from my old nickname Coolie which was the first character I created on NBA Jam. I added an "x" at the end when I first played Halo for a more modern futuristic feel.

Twilight Dragon came from my love of dragons and the epitath of twilight from the .hack series

Shdwj

Let's see. When I was in 6th grade, I created my first email address. I was going for ShadowJ, but that was already taken. At the time, AOL made recommendations for similar usernames. Shdwj was one of them, and I thought, "Huh, that's pretty unique." So up until this day, Shdwj is an online handle that has stuck close with me.

He was even the name of my first role-playing character lol. :)

Azhtral

Mine is pretty simple, my real name is Ashley and I love science/space type stuff. So I took the word "Astral" and converted it to "Ashtral", which I prefer names that look "cool" so I changed the S to a Z. Azhtral. Pronounced like it's Ashtral.

Novaphyer

Used to play WoW and my main's name was Noveon and I wanted to make an alt. with a 'cooler' name, So I combined Nova with Amplifier, misspelling the 'fier' completely, getting 'phyer'. Novaphyer, I stuck with the name a while after I finished up WoW , it had a nice ring to it, sounding like Novafire as well.

Citano

Citano came from my favorite character in video games. Citan Uzuki.
He was one of the playable characters in my favorite video game of all time: Xenogears (PSX).

Used the nickname Citan in World of Warcraft in the start and when I was making an alt in TBC days I named it Citano to make it sound abit like my main character. I eventually got more attached to that name, plus that it sounds like more a different name than to "steal" a name directly from an already existing character.

Not long ago I found out that Citano is actually a third-person plural present indicative of the italian verb: citare (citare means "to quote" in English)
Also found out then that Citan is also apparently a Mercedes-Benz light van/mini MPV car.

Discord

Latest New Threads