Tapatalk Disabled

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
I have disabled Tapatalk on the forum and will most likely be uninstalling the app, and here's why.

Google on Wednesday said it would begin penalizing the search rankings of websites that use pop-up mobile ads asking users to install an app, the latest move by the company that could have a big impact on advertisers, publishers and other content creators.

If any of you have ever tried accessing this site via Safari or a mobile browser, you're aware that Tapatalk has a popup that says to download their app to make it easier to navigate the website.

If any of you have tried exiting that popup on iPhone 5, you might be aware that you have to turn the phone sideways for it to allow you to exit it. An annoying reason that I wanted away from Tapatalk.

I know there's quite a few of you here who use it. If Tapatalk releases an update that removes the popups from showing, then I will enable it again. But until then I will leave it disabled.

Sorry if this upsets anyone, but its for the website and so we do not get penalized.

GamerPerfection

No worries man, i've never used Tapatalk on this forum anyway. I have a Samsung S5 and i've never had issues exiting from the pop-up.

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
I didn't even know this existed.
I guess you never used any mobile devices to access the site then? The app would automatically popup asking you to use it when coming to the site through a browser on a mobile phone, well on iOS it did. Was pretty annoying I thought.

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Why should I have one? I have home PC and a work laptop, so most of the time, I can access the Internet if I want to. When I'm elsewhere, I don't really need to be online.
Well, it depends on what you're doing really. While I'm waiting at doctors, dentist, an office, changing oil in vehicle, or waiting for lunch/dinner, etc. I will occasionally browse my phone on Facebook, Craigslist, etc. to see what's up, available or whatever.

Plus some games are fun to play. :)

Discord

Latest New Threads