So Bizarre --- Copyright Claim

Discussion in 'YouTube Monetization & Copyright' started by Beautiful Butterfly Gamer, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Beautiful Butterfly Gamer

Beautiful Butterfly Gamer Active Member

So I uploaded this game to youtube. It's not even public yet and I get a copyright claim email. It basically said I wasn't in trouble and I didn't need to do anything, just letting me know the music used in about 5 minutes of the video is copywritten and the person who owns it is allowing you to use the music, but will not allow monetization and will be tracking how many views it gets or something like that.
    It's just bizarre to me that a video that I added no music to, could have a claim. I mean didn't the game developers get permission for the music before they put it in the game?!? It's all so weird to me. I am am trying to get rid of the music to see if that helps the claim go away. It's no big deal really since I'm not in trouble, but I don't like anything claimed on me. haha

Anyone have this happen before?
    Do you think uploading another part of the game again will get me trouble or should I just not even bother playing and uploading this game again?

2. DJStitch91

DJStitch91 Guest

http://damnlag.com/threads/file-a-dispute.67399/

you should mute background/radio music where ever possible (eg GTA V) unless it is owned/produced by game maker who still have to give you permission (such as those who make Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball)

Youtube I think gives you option to mute part of the video in its online video/audio editor but i would save that as last case resort. another option is just cut the sound when the music plays and just have your voice over.

3. Beautiful Butterfly Gamer

Beautiful Butterfly Gamer Active Member

Thankfully Youtube's audio thingy worked and it oddly enough took the music away for the 4 minutes in the middle of my game that was copy written. I have changed the settings in my game to mute all music, which stinks cause it was such fun music too lol oh well. :)

4. KopiPengz

KopiPengz Active Member

hey I had that issue too when I did the danceoff vid. Yea you dont have to worry about getting into trouble legally, it just means that the money generated from that particular video will be channeled to the copyright owner instead. You can still publish the video with the music just that you wont get any money from it.

This happens a lot when you put music in the vids, sometimes gameplays and cutscenes in games also have copyright claims to them. Just watch out for the content ID matches that youtube prompts you. Dont worry about it unless you really want to claim the copyright for yourself.

5. VBC Trinity Games

VBC Trinity Games Active Member

Oh yeah, I had this happen all the time uploading Fallout 4 and Uncharted stuff. I successfully disputed all of them because they were all bullshit (except for one Fallout 4 claim - which was actually legit)

6. CookieDoughYummy

CookieDoughYummy Member

I've disputed a lot of claims on my videos to do with music and have won. If you get a claim on any of your videos, look in to it a little more because some of them are completley false claims made by random people who want to make a quick buck.

7. KopiPengz

KopiPengz Active Member

Hey cookiedoughyummy

how do u send claims for your videos? Care to share with us?