Quiz App GUI

CynicPlacebo

Hey guys,
I wrote a quiz app to quiz the other 2 guys on my channel (Frosty and Klipper).
You buzz in with a xbox controller, so the answers are laid out to reflect the buttons on your controller.
It's just in HTML/JS, so I can embed images in either the question or the answers.

Here is a screenshot after Klipper & Frosty have both answered a question wrong and each have negative 1 point.
Klipper has just buzzed in, highlighting his corner in his color (with 9 seconds remaining on his timer, that shrinks the closer it gets to zero).
Also, the divider between the question and answers serves as a progress bar so you know how close to the end of the quiz you are.
Lastly, I threw it in an OBS Overlay with 2 webcams (1 for klipper and frosty, and 1 for me).

Thoughts? Ways to make it better?
-CynicPlacebo

CynicPlacebo

It looks good man.
BTW, will it be available to the public? I would love to try it out. :)
It will eventually. I need to fix some bugs. Right now connecting the gamepads is a little wonky, there are some bugs with 3 or 4 players too (but since we only needed 2 players, I ignored the bugs for now).

I'm in the process of editing 2 more vids for my kids' channel (Bitsy Gamers), then I have to re-edit our first 5 episodes on Pushing 40 Bit to use our new overlay, and we are about to record our 6th episode so there will be some more editing there... BUT after that, I want to fix up the quiz app and make it public.

When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know.
Right now I've only written 2 quizzes. I did a Mario Characters quiz for both the Bitsy Gamers channel and the Pushing 40 Bit channel. Then I did the History of video games just for Pushing 40 Bit (I figured my kids wouldn't do very well on a history quiz). The 2 guys I work with (@40bitFrosty & @40bitKlipper) are both writing their own quizzes now for us to record in the coming months.

PNMax

It will eventually. I need to fix some bugs. Right now connecting the gamepads is a little wonky, there are some bugs with 3 or 4 players too (but since we only needed 2 players, I ignored the bugs for now).

I'm in the process of editing 2 more vids for my kids' channel (Bitsy Gamers), then I have to re-edit our first 5 episodes on Pushing 40 Bit to use our new overlay, and we are about to record our 6th episode so there will be some more editing there... BUT after that, I want to fix up the quiz app and make it public.

When I get there, I'll be sure to let you know.
Right now I've only written 2 quizzes. I did a Mario Characters quiz for both the Bitsy Gamers channel and the Pushing 40 Bit channel. Then I did the History of video games just for Pushing 40 Bit (I figured my kids wouldn't do very well on a history quiz). The 2 guys I work with (@40bitFrosty & @40bitKlipper) are both writing their own quizzes now for us to record in the coming months.
Thanks man. Take your time. It's better not to rush.;)

Discord

Latest New Threads