New Forum Layout

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
I've changed the main forum layout to a different look. I personally like this layout because it makes things some what easier to find with everything pretty much being listed.

I plan on adding a few things that show new posts, maybe in the sidebar.

Let me know your honest opinion on it. I asked people in the Damnlag skype group and they liked the layout when I showed it to them originally.

I prefer it too. Everything I need is a lot easier to see at a glance.

D

DJStitch91

I like the mew look but is there no longer a way to mark as read?

Mark as read is still in the same place?

wolfio_gunz

It's a bit easier to click things, but I sorta preferred being able to preview the new thread in sections on the home page. It almost looks like an encyclopedia with all the tiny font =P The preview text just gave it some depth. That's just me though, everyone else seems to really enjoy it =P

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Mark as read is still in the same place?
There's an option in the secondary navigation to Mark as Read.

It's a bit easier to click things, but I sorta preferred being able to preview the new thread in sections on the home page. It almost looks like an encyclopedia with all the tiny font =P The preview text just gave it some depth. That's just me though, everyone else seems to really enjoy it =P
I liked this layout on another forum. Its not necessarily the same, but I'm still tweaking it here and there. If we can't get it to something that everyone likes then I will probably just go back to the way it was.

Trying to make it so that more forums are seen at once so that you're not scrolling down a page to find stuff. It might help new members see forums and prevent them from spamming the wrong forum with stuff. We'll see I guess. Keep providing me with your feedback though, I like hearing what others think and I make changes here and there for everyone.

I don't much care for it. It feels more like a directory than a forum in my opinion. It's harder to see new threads at a glance, so it's equally difficult to decide when to revisit a specific forum to see what people have been saying.

Would there be any way to make this layout optional to the forum-goers?

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
I would like to say that after the switch in the forum layout, the forum has seen an increase in posts being made.

I like the directory feel myself, it allows you to see more forums without having to scroll through a wall of forums the old way. Once you get use to where everything is, its not really that difficult to find what you're wanting.

We'll give it another week and see how it does.