My YouTube Channel was Hacked/Stolen

JakeVahshi

Good morning everyone. My YouTube channel was recently hacked and was streaming some live Filipino TV shows and uploading random videos. I first noticed the strange activity when I got a notification of a comment from someone on a video I knew I didn't post. I saw that my channel was hacked and changed my password.

After a couple of minutes, I was logged out my channel and tried to log back in. It said that the Google account/email that was linked to my channel was recently deleted.

All of my recovery questions, linked cell phone numbers and recovery emails were changed except for one. I was able to regain access to the email that was originally connected with my YouTube channel, but the hacker already revoked my access. My channel is now linked with the hacker's personal Google account.

As of right now, my videos are still on the channel, however, I am worried that the hacker may remove them or that Google might terminate my channel for the copyrighted material that the hacker is posting.
The streaming has stopped for now, but I still can't access my channel. I did receive an email notification that I am no longer the owner of my channel and some other person that is from a different country is now the owner.

I don't know what else to do and I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

The link to my YouTube Channel that was hacked is https://www.youtube.com/JakeLlaguno

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Jake

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Sounds like you were hacked and all your accounts were compromised starting with your email. Anything and everything you use with that email you should change the password for and make sure you have account security setup for each individual account/site.

You need to get access and control of the email first. Once you do that, then your other accounts would be easier to get access to, however you may need to reach out to support on each site to retrieve your accounts from the hacker.

Adding a recovery phone number would be best to prevent from your settings being changed by a secondary person unless they too know your phone number and have access to your phone.

JakeVahshi

Sounds like you were hacked and all your accounts were compromised starting with your email. Anything and everything you use with that email you should change the password for and make sure you have account security setup for each individual account/site.

You need to get access and control of the email first. Once you do that, then your other accounts would be easier to get access to, however you may need to reach out to support on each site to retrieve your accounts from the hacker.

Adding a recovery phone number would be best to prevent from your settings being changed by a secondary person unless they too know your phone number and have access to your phone.
Thanks for all of the help! I was able to get my account back with the help from the YouTube team.

Discord

Latest New Threads