Clicky

MSgtPorkins

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel Promotion' started by MSgtPorkins, Jan 12, 2017.

1. TheRomanianGiraffe

TheRomanianGiraffe New Member

I have a few friends who'd enjoy this type of content. I'll spread the word.

MSgtPorkins likes this.
  2. MSgtPorkins

MSgtPorkins Member

That is really awesome and I can't thank you enough for sharing my content with others.

3. Rooster

Rooster Member

MSgt,

I will not lie, your name drew me into clicking onto your thread, I am currently ( but soon to be retired) U.S. Army, and from the spelling of your name Either your Air Force, or just decided to spell it that way. Either way, its nice to see a older gentleman on the site (im 29 pushing 30). Although age doesn't really matter, its nice to watch someone close to my age because i feel like our walks of life are similar. We grew up with the classic gaming consoles, and i see in your thread profile that you are a console collector, such as myself!

Loved your intro video, you were like oprah, everyone got a dick! lol. You had me laughing, you truly did. Your videos look crisp and clean. Sound balance was slightly off, however i am not one to talk being that is my biggest issue in my videos is sound balance. With that being said, loved it, continue the great work and hopefully you reach all your YouTube goals

MSgtPorkins likes this.
  4. MSgtPorkins

MSgtPorkins Member

Thank you kindly for everything in both critique and entertainment. Long story about the name was that I used to be a professional Quake player about 18 years ago. The group I was with consisted of Air Force, Army and Marines since there is an air force base in and near my hometown. We ranked one another's skill and job title using mostly Marine Corp and Air Force ranks. As Master Sergeant, I was in-charge of drilling and training new players to make them competent in being professional Quake players. Knife hands and smoke sessions were given since I was raised by my grandfather and his brother, both having served in WWII and his brother in Korea and Vietnam. His brother was a DS at Parris Island for eight years and growing up, I got my ass smoked by him if shit wasn't squared. It came natural when I was doing the same to train gamers.

However, the name, Porkins, came from playing CTF and rushing the flag, getting it a breath from home before I would get shot in the back, just like in Star Wars. As for the audio levels, Dead Rising had such horrible audio and I believe that was my last video I recorded the audio on a single track (I was still doing all the video and audio before I hired a professional editor). Now everything I do has multiple tracks and I just got in my Elgato HD60 Pro capture card, my ASUS GTX 1070 card, good RAM and upgraded my CPU from a i5 4440 to an i7 4570K. It's been phenomenal and I just started recording all my XBox stuff in 1080p and all my video from here on out should be 1080p60 with a couple in 1440p. Once again, thanks for the love and I can't thank you enough for your service to our country. God bless you, soldier!

5. Bernardo Brezni

Bernardo Brezni New Member

Awesome, i subscribed :)

MSgtPorkins likes this.
  6. MSgtPorkins

MSgtPorkins Member

Thank you kindly! I'm always ecstatic when someone enjoys the content I create. It makes the entire process worth the grind. As long as someone laughs and has a good time, I will continue making content.

7. MSgtPorkins

MSgtPorkins Member

Today is the day I finally get back into streaming again. My gear is good, my internet stable and strong as well as having the time to do so with the schedule. I'll be on Twitch then within a month, expanding out to both Twitch and YouTube, possibly Hitbox in the future. As for now, this is my schedule as follows (Mountain Standard Time) -

Tuesday and Thursday - 7PM - 10PM
    Friday - 7PM - 12AM
    Saturday - 7PM - 12AM
    Sunday - 7PM - 10PM

The days not listed and most of the weekend are my recording times. If any of you would like to stop on by and say hello on the stream, I'd enjoy every moment and welcome you with open arms and a fistful of bacon.

8. MSgtPorkins

MSgtPorkins Member

Last night's stream was pretty damn fun. It sucked not being able to do that for two months but I still had about six people show up and were active in the chat. I have a lot of fun and feel a lot of gratitude when creating content and just making people feel good. To any one that stopped by from here last night, thank you and I hope to see you more often.

9. fox92

fox92 New Member