Clicky

MONETIZATION???

Discussion in 'YouTube Monetization & Copyright' started by ColdSurvivor, Jun 4, 2015.

1. ColdSurvivor

ColdSurvivor Active Member

Hi guys so i decided to monetize my videos on youtube, will this bring in more views and help my channel or will it hurt my channel???

2. GamerPerfection

GamerPerfection Well-Known Member Staff Member Damn Mod

That's not a question that can really be answered.

Some people get put off by ads, some people get put off by different types of ads (for example the full screen non-skippable ads), and some people don't care because they either have ads themselves, or they are happy to support the channel.

I monetize my videos. I don't know if it's ever put people off or if it's hurt my channel. But no-one that watches my videos have ever complained.

FJShorts likes this.
  3. ColdSurvivor

do u think that more people see your videos as a result of you monetizing your channel???

4. GamerPerfection

Monetizing has no affect on your videos becoming more visible.

budlight2191 and GameOverViper like this.
  5. Luftangreifer

Luftangreifer Active Member

I think you are misunderstanding what monetizing your video means to begin with.

6. I put ads on my video extra income but I don't earn because not enough views but I won't harm it unless some people start complaining

Regards GamerzPro

7. ColdSurvivor

i was just thinking that someone who monetizes there videos will shurely be higher up the youtube search than some1 that does not? i know that other factors come into it but i thought if i monetized it would boost me up the youtube search a little and get me more views. i think i understand monetizing, getting paid to put adds on your video? i know i wont get anything because my views are so low,
    just trying to work out what the point is in monetizing if you dont get loads of views, cheers guys

8. GamerPerfection

The point of monetizing is to earn some cash from having adverts on your videos. It has nothing to do with youtube search rankings or anything else.

9. ColdSurvivor

just if i had a business and i had adverts on some things and not others then it would make sense to put the the videos with adverts further up the line becauce they will get more views and more views is more money for youtube, But glad yous cleared it up for me, cheers guys

10. GamingKick

GamingKick Active Member

I noticed that before i monetized my channel, it wasn`t showing up on the first page after I searched for it! After the monetization this changed! When I now search for "Gaming Kick" on Youtube, I`m always at the first page!

Just thinking that this might be true for your videos too.
    I don`t know how big a role it plays in the overall SEO! If I were Google, I would rank those videos that bring me money on top! ^^

ColdSurvivor likes this.