Clicky

Mistakenly Copyrighted?

Discussion in 'YouTube Monetization & Copyright' started by Chazza, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Chazza

Chazza Active Member

Ive received a copyright strike on one of my videos. At the end of my videos, I use a song for my outro. My outro is no longer than 10 seconds. In the video that has been striked, I use the song Tritonal - Anchor (Noisestorm Remix). Notice how it is a Noisestorm remix.

When I looked into the reason why I received a strike, it was because I used the song Tritonal - Anchor. But it doesn't specify Noisestorm Remix.

On top of that, I have used the song in at least 30 or 40 of videos, and have not received a copyright strike. I have watched other videos where the content creator has used the whole song, without giving credit. I used about 8 seconds of the song and give credit in the description. Yet I still receive a strike.

I don't mind my video being taken down, but I do mind that my channel is in bad standing. Maybe I'm missing something quite obvious, if so could someone help me out, much appreciated :).

2. CaptainSauce

CaptainSauce Active Member

Remixes are a strange legal entity. Im not very experienced with them, but by the limitations of fair use Id say it would be very hard to dispute any claim.

Sometimes a remix still has sections that are the same as the original. Does your 10 second outro exactly match that of the original song?

3. Chazza

Chazza Active Member

No its not the same. The bit I don't understand is, how only that one video got a copyright strike, despite me using it many times. And that other people used the whole song or at least more of it than I did.

4. CaptainSauce

CaptainSauce Active Member

Not all strikes come from the content ID system. It's possible someone, or the rights owner, reported just that video.

5. Chazza

Chazza Active Member