Clicky

Is There Generally A Good Time to Stream?

Discussion in 'Twitch Forum' started by Chame101, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Chame101

Chame101 Active Member

So last night I did my first live-stream, for just over a hour. Now I'm not a big channel and wasn't really expecting a lot of viewers. I just did it more because I was interested and wanted to try live streaming, and thought it might be a good way to give my channel some exposure.

I had about 15 viewers watch the stream, and a couple comments, but for the most part it was quite.

Now if any of you are more experienced streamers (or just want to let your opinion be known), what do you think is a good time to stream? Or if you don't stream, when do you usually get time to sit and watch some live-streaming?

At the moment, I don't really have any goals of being a big live-streamer, was just curious and thought this would be a good place to ask.

2. Chame101

Chame101 Active Member

That's reassuring to know that 15 is considered good for a first go at it. I think streaming when there weren't many options played in my favour then (although I didn't plan it that way, just a happy coincidence).

Thanks for the link!

3. brianstanney

brianstanney New Member

15 is really good. My best so far is 5 streaming straight from PS4.

4. poptartfunknasty

poptartfunknasty New Member

I was wondering the same thing. I know that on twitter and some other social media a good time to post things is around 3-7 when people are getting out of work and school but I don't know if there's a "best" time to stream and get viewers. I'm guessing a lot factors in based on what you're streaming and what time you do it but I'd like to know more if anyone has info on it. The most I've had was about 7 but nobody was commenting or anything during it.

5. brianstanney

brianstanney New Member

I'll be doing a livestream Saturday night 8pm British time. It equates to 2 or 3 in the afternoon in America which is where the majority of my viewers will hail from. I have been actively networking the last 4 days so I have a good feeling on this one. Will report back on my numbers for it.

poptartfunknasty likes this.
  6. brianstanney

brianstanney New Member

Well the stream went badly. Zero viewers. Will try Tuesday night.

7. WAZY

WAZY Premium Damn Premium

I wish I could stream just don't have the internet speed. As for best time I normally watch streams/videos when I am about to go to bed at around 9 - 12pm in Australia

8. brianstanney

brianstanney New Member

I stream from Britain myself. Been networking with smaller streamers.

9. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

Well, it also depends on what game you're playing. What you're doing. I've noticed people don't tend to stick around when things get boring on games lol

Do you use a webcam? Those tend to keep people watching.

10. brianstanney

brianstanney New Member

I stream straight from PS4 with a camera and a headset.