Is it worth scripting lets plays?

Etharal EGN

Hi just wanted to see what advise everyone has.

I've been making lets plays a while now and I try to keep scripting to a minimal.
I'll actually get together a rough edit of the video and then think a bit about the topics to discuss and note them down but not come up with a full script.
Then I'll record post vocals and layer them on top of the edited video and fine tune the video as needed.

This has worked for me for the most part but I've had it mentioned that I have a lot of habits when I talk (eg I say 'obviously' a lot)

Has anyone else had this similar problem and might a more detailed script help reduce this?

Of course that's if you think it even needs reducing.

ItzBaby

In my opinion it just depends on your fanbase. If you have a big one, I would recommend it so it makes the video go smoother. But if you have a small one at the time, its would be fine just recording without a script.

Hi just wanted to see what advise everyone has.

I've been making lets plays a while now and I try to keep scripting to a minimal.
I'll actually get together a rough edit of the video and then think a bit about the topics to discuss and note them down but not come up with a full script.
Then I'll record post vocals and layer them on top of the edited video and fine tune the video as needed.

This has worked for me for the most part but I've had it mentioned that I have a lot of habits when I talk (eg I say 'obviously' a lot)

Has anyone else had this similar problem and might a more detailed script help reduce this?

Of course that's if you think it even needs reducing.
I'm very confused as to how that works for you but if it does great!

ALesserMan

No, I would say a Let's Play should be off the cuff. This does require a level of charisma to minimise dead air and hold the audiences attention, but this can be achieved with a bit of practice.

I script all my content due simply to the nature of it, editorial video reviews, and my writing is, I think, one of my strengths. But what you could do if you wanted to stick to a free flow commentary style is jot down a few notes beforehand, so that if you run out of things to say at any point you can glance at them and go from there

Discord

Latest New Threads