I Have Questions about monetizing and networks!

Bazerath

Hey everyone, i've recently made a YouTube gaming channel and had some questions about monetizing and networks. My Biggest question is do you have to monetize through YouTube before you can join a network? or can you join a network and not go through YouTube? i know they take like 40% or something and if you join a network like freedom they take another 40 so your left with like 20%. just seeing if rather then doing both i can just do the one and retain even a 60/40 setup if that makes sense. also what is a good time to join a network?, i've recently made my YouTube channel and made a lot of changes since my first video, i've got 41 videos up so far with 50 subs to date, i've only been at it for a month and a half and am actively apart of many gaming communities. just curious to know when a good time to start would be if there is one.

Bazerath

You can join a network first, you dont have to have youtube monetize your videos. I personally am partnered with Freedom! MCN and youtube is allowing people that are partnered with MCNs to get all of the stuff the youtube partner program gives youtube partners. But they will not pay you, your MCN will. I know I am bad at explaining things so please, I beg of you to ask me any questions about it so that I can explain it better.
im about 50 subs right now and i post regular content so i was never sure when a good time to join would be. ive heard good and bad about freedom but over all its the go to for new channels. is there anything you can tell me about freedom, like how your experience is with them. so you can join a network and not have to monetize, thats good to know makes the process easier. when you joined freedom do they get you to promote anything in your videos for them?

Bazerath

that's awesome, freedom was definitely one i was considering to start with. i feel like i need to understand networks better so i don't do something i'm not supposed to. do they ask you to post on a certain schedule or is it whatever is best for you? i'm really interested in trying to promote products through my channel but that's for a later date when i'm more comfortable and know a bit more. really appreciate the help. if i have any more questions ill make sure to post it.

Bazerath

I think you have to post atleast once every 2 months because it is not just a MCN for gamers, there are also alot of musicians on their aswell
i usually get 4-6 vids a week so i guess that wont be a problem

Atom Network

Hey everyone, i've recently made a YouTube gaming channel and had some questions about monetizing and networks. My Biggest question is do you have to monetize through YouTube before you can join a network? or can you join a network and not go through YouTube? i know they take like 40% or something and if you join a network like freedom they take another 40 so your left with like 20%. just seeing if rather then doing both i can just do the one and retain even a 60/40 setup if that makes sense. also what is a good time to join a network?, i've recently made my YouTube channel and made a lot of changes since my first video, i've got 41 videos up so far with 50 subs to date, i've only been at it for a month and a half and am actively apart of many gaming communities. just curious to know when a good time to start would be if there is one.
Hello,

The way I see it, there is only one benefit to joining a YouTube network is that YouTube has a minimum payout of $100 before you can get payed, but most networks have between $0-3 before you can get payed. When I had my own channel, I was partnered with freedom, and I was one of their first 100 partners, and I was with them up until George retired, and now the network is not as good. When George retired from freedom, for some reason I stopped getting payments, and support was terrible, so I do not recommend Freedom. I am not here to be biased and try to get you to join my network, but what I am going to say is that you should join a network that legitimately offers above 80% revenue share. The way YouTube's payments system works with MCN's is that YouTube still takes the 45%, and then the rest is payed to the MCN who then pays the channel, if you signed to an MCN with 80% revenue share, you are only getting 80% of the 55% left over, which means that you get a lot less, so it's good if you can find a network with 90% revenue share or more, with a no lock-in contract. It's also better to partner with a sub-network, as you will get overall better support, and more individual focus on your channel, here are a few Networks that I know offer above 90%.

- Damnlag - 90% Revenue Share, No Lock-in Contract
- Atom Network (My Network) - 95% Revenue Share, no lock-in contract
- Animity Network - 90% Revenue Share, No lock-in contract
- Reckoning Network - 90% Revenue Share, No lock-in Contract

But there are many more.

As I say to everyone, make sure you read the contract fully before you apply, and if you cannot easily access the contract, contact the network and ask if you can see it.

Hope This Helped! :)

- Wihan
Founder/CEO of Atom Network

Atom Network

I think curse is a great MCN, but my opinion is still that smaller networks are better, since they will give each channel more attention, and will help promote them in every way possible.

Discord