HOW TO MAKE INSTRUMENTALS AND BEST SOFTWARE TO RECORD VOCALS??

INSTRA

Guys please help me out. How can you make instrumental of any song by removing the vocals and also which software in PC is best for vocal recording??

P.S Is CAD U4F a good mic to record?? (Don't have budget for condenser mic so thinking of buying a CAD U4F dynamic mic and use a pop filter)

Hadrimole

Rookie
I'd be very careful with the removing vocals. Firstly for copyright reasons and secondly the way it's done can suck the 'life' from a piece of music by cutting certain frequencies. You may be best using an instrumental that was mixed and mastered that way.

As long as you get no buzz or hiss from cables/connections any mic will do the job. Don't expect good but passable maybe. To record vocals you can use any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) Audacity is simple and free. Although if you are recording singing I highly suggest at least getting a Sure SM58 and a decent interface. Focusrite have nice vocal pre-amps in them.

Hope this helps man.

INSTRA

Th
I'd be very careful with the removing vocals. Firstly for copyright reasons and secondly the way it's done can suck the 'life' from a piece of music by cutting certain frequencies. You may be best using an instrumental that was mixed and mastered that way.

As long as you get no buzz or hiss from cables/connections any mic will do the job. Don't expect good but passable maybe. To record vocals you can use any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) Audacity is simple and free. Although if you are recording singing I highly suggest at least getting a Sure SM58 and a decent interface. Focusrite have nice vocal pre-amps in them.

Hope this helps man.
Thanks for the help

Sound Phenomenon

Izotope has some good tools for this, but it's expensive. You could try FFT analysis in a program like Spear if you have some background in acoustics.

Discord

Latest New Threads