How to get subs?

Damnlag

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Admin
Keep creating quality content. Get viewers and the subscribers will follow naturally. There's no cheat to gain new subscribers really. Promoting your channel and content helps, but not everyone on places like here on Damnlag, actually check out people. Some do, which is good.

Doing collaborations with other channels that are already active and have subscribers who are active can be better. Having an already established channel help you grow your channel by working with you on a collab can increase your chances of gaining more subscribers.

There's numerous ways to grow, you just have to try everything and see what works best for you and the content you create.

PNMax

I post my channel on facebook groups and twitter hashtags. That generates some clicks.
How exactly can you use hashtags? I never used Twitter before, just created an account recently. Not really familiar with the whole thing.

P.S. 144Frames, fix your channel link on your account. When you click on it, it said that your channel doesn't exist.

CynicPlacebo

There definitely is something to be said for having a YT homepage with a lot of videos on it. It also helps when people scan through your videos and they see recent videos with frequent uploads (like you have).

The daily-upload forum here at DamnLag has been a great way for me to meet YTers with similar content. I also think it's important to check out channels similar to yours, subscribe, and engage in the comment sections of their videos. Not only does that help their channel, but it also puts your name out there more for similar audiences, which leads to more cross-pollenation of channels (which is good for everyone).

You do want to be careful to make sure you are engaging on channels with a similar maturity to yours (don't be commenting on channels geared toward children, since your content is more adult and profane).

...at the end of the day though, starting out is always hard, and you will likely have dozens if not hundreds videos before you really see some traction. You have to allow for time for word of mouth to spread. There is an audience out there for everyone, but the only real way to spread across that audience is for people who like your content to share it with their like-minded friends.

Lastly, if you are open to a little constructive criticism, I do think there are a couple branding issues on your channel. (If you aren't open to it, stop reading now).

still here?
Okay then.

Your About page on YT seems aimless. It's unclear who you are and what you like, which means people don't know what to expect.

On your Channels page you can feature your friends channels (assuming they are also recording). Not only does this make your channel page feel more full and lived-in, but your friends likely have very similar content to you. Featuring their channel helps solidify the sort of channel you are so people know what to expect.

I like your Playlists page. I think it's perfect, assuming you will play Inferno Climber and Borderlands again (because you don't really want playlists with only 1 or 2 videos in them). If you don't play those games again, then I suggest combining them into 1 playlist called "One-Offs" or something like that.

I think your cartoon avatar is great, but it doesn't really gel with your YT Avatar & Banner. Either styl is great, but you need to stick with one. So if you like the banner art better, then your cartoon avatar will need to evolve to be a bit more metal. If you like your cartoon avatar more, then your banner needs to chill out a bit.

My 2 cents, for what it's worth. Feel free to ignore any advice, as at the end of the day this is your channel and your self-expression. But if you just did something without really planning it through, then maybe this feedback will help inform your next decisions.

Good luck man, & at least you have 1 more subscriber now :-D

good advice at the end. Just curious though what do you mean...metal? Also my friends don't record sadly :( other wise I would put them up there for sure! I might have to go and see what you mean about my about page, I thought I put all the information that someone coming to the channel required to know. Lol honestly I just like video games. Not any specific games or genres. The one off folder sounds awesome! I need to do that for sure because Inferno Climber I think will be a one off play through, considering that I got more views with other games with the same advertisements lol.

Back to the about me portion though. The about me section. What would you suggest? Without giving away my personal info like name and what not....OH and the metal thing?

CynicPlacebo

good advice at the end. Just curious though what do you mean...metal? Also my friends don't record sadly :( other wise I would put them up there for sure! I might have to go and see what you mean about my about page, I thought I put all the information that someone coming to the channel required to know. Lol honestly I just like video games. Not any specific games or genres. The one off folder sounds awesome! I need to do that for sure because Inferno Climber I think will be a one off play through, considering that I got more views with other games with the same advertisements lol.

Back to the about me portion though. The about me section. What would you suggest? Without giving away my personal info like name and what not....OH and the metal thing?
Your banner and YT avatar have like flames and are really intense which matches your upbeat musical intro, but your cartoon avatar in thumbnails/videos is more cute. Either is fine, but together they kind of clash. So if you want up-beat and flames, then you have to make your cartoon guy more like that (I just "metal" like "whoa, that's so metal" which I could see someone saying about your YT banner).

As far as what people should expect, you have a welcome video that is just the upbeat tune you use in your intros, and says your channel name. But it doesn't let me know what sorts of video games you like. Same with the about page.

Obviously I don't want you doxing yourself, but something that shows what sorts of games you like, and indicates that you are a chatty gamer that does audio overlay. So this obviously won't be right for you, but something like: Like snarky commentary and all genres of video games? Then join me as I play through the best video games both current and from the naughties.

Just something so they know what to expect form your videos. So if someone came to your channel because they love Inferno Climber and thought you were going to play through it, they would be disappointed. If someone came for tips and tricks to speed running DmC, they'll be disappointed. But if they like variety gaming with interesting commentary, then they'll be pleased. Instead of getting viewers who may be interested in the wrong thing and then bail and are disappointed, make it clear. Worst case scenario you get 1 or 2 less views before they bail. Best case scenario, they look at your intro or channel page, realize it's not for them, but recommend it to a friend who is more into that sort of thing.

...again, I'm no expert, so feel free to glean what you can from my ramblings. Just my thoughts. In general, it seems like solid content.

TheNewbClub

The problem I see is its hard for new people to get big on YT, everyone is doing it. However that shouldn't put you off, just keep going, keep putting effort in, and like anything in life it takes time and doesn't happen overnight. Maybe try and game with other youtuber? Promote on other sites? Be active in other streams/YT Channels!

Discord

Latest New Threads