Clicky

HOW TO GET KNOWN ?!

Discussion in 'eSports Discussion' started by ZachCOD, Jul 6, 2016.

1. ZachCOD

ZachCOD Member

I am an upcoming call of duty amateur player and i wanted to know what is a good way to get your name out there for big teams and players to recognize you?

2. CookieDoughYummy

CookieDoughYummy Member

It's close to near impossible I'm afraid, but still possible. Number one priority is making good content, if you go in to this for fame and money you're already set up for failure, you have to love what you do regardless. There are plenty of places you can advertise your channel; Twitter, Facebook, Gaming/Youtube Forums etc. You could also try some collabs with a few other underdogs (There's a section on here) You've got a good set up already, it just takes time and a lot of patience.

Good luck with the channel :)

3. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

Play like a beast and record it, upload it. Promote it to teams that interest you. Learn the strategies and callouts, obviously, if you haven't already. Other than that, I'm clueless.

4. Lylia

Lylia New Member

Wow, old thread. Have you tried actually trying to win tournaments? Form a team and try to get your name up in the rankings / local leagues. That's almost always how I see local players in my community get to the top so far (and end up "auditioning" for roles in the main pro team).

Source: Former League of Legends SEA commentator

5. JoshCasts

JoshCasts Member

I am a former Call of Duty commentator and can tell you one of the best ways to get known in the Call of Duty community. Grind. Making a name for yourself in the community doesn't have to start with you going out and winning a major event or participating at a LAN and beating pro teams. I've seen plenty of people make a name for themselves just based on them doing everything they could to be the best they could be. One of the things that makes CoD so much easier than League of Legends is the opportunities for things called showmatches. There are many organizations that host Call of Duty showmatches that pit two teams against each other. They generally will have two commentators and have it out of a best of 5. That's just one good route to take. Another would have to be doing UMG matches and wagers. You can play against some pretty solid teams there and make a name for yourself as you work to climb up the leaderboards. First things first though; get a team that you can work with. Without a team, you won't be able to grow your name or your brand.

6. Lylia

Lylia New Member

Heya @JoshCasts :)
    Call of Duty sort of fell out of favour in our region in the past few years, so I guess things can be different. Good to know, thanks for the info!

Definitely agree re: team & branding. In fact, it becomes even more important to stick to the same team and for the team to stick to the same name/brand. I've seen amateur teams swap rosters + team names far too many times to remember who's in what.

7. JoshCasts

JoshCasts Member

Hey @Lylia.

Call of Duty has been falling out for a while sadly, but there is still a good amount of people that are interested in the eSports aspect. There are many other games that can give a lot of popularity if you get good at the game.

For instance; CS:GO and LoL are very difficult to grow in, mainly due to the fact that it's so difficult to find a solid team that you're interested to running with for a long duration. I personally believe, as stated in my previous post and what you said; finding a good team and organization to run under is extremely important. This assists with funds to events, advertisement, sponsorship's, the whole nine yards.

I can say this; growing in eSports is possible, but it's not easy. You have to be very motivated to continue to push forward, even during bad moments (bad games).

8. IMPapa

IMPapa New Member

Probably cant say too much that hasn't already been said. But find some open tournaments and do your best in those. Record and promote around the internet. Lots of pros stream twitch so you can try asking them how they got into it, or if they are willing to check out your clips .etc
    Good luck !

9. datboy

datboy New Member

get out of your house naked, start running in random directions with a call of duty disc wrap to your head with tape while screaming: 'coll of booty is 10 tiems butter than buttlefoil'
    you'll become a legend guaranteed.