Clicky

How much/little music is Fair Use?

Discussion in 'YouTube Monetization & Copyright' started by TabulaRasaGaming, Mar 10, 2015.

1. TabulaRasaGaming

TabulaRasaGaming Active Member

I currently use a 7-9 music clip to intro/outro most of my videos. So far there hasn't been any problems, (No Content ID matches or anything), but if my channel takes off (which it well might) I'm worried it might cause problems later down the line.

I've seen other Youtubers do similar things without problems in the past, though I suppose it depends on the artist.

I tried contacting the artist multiple times for permission, but I haven't received any reply.

What do you think? It would be kind of a pain to make my own, or have one made for me, this late in the game. I also don't quite have the money for it.

As an example:

2. CaptainSauce

CaptainSauce Active Member

There is no set amount for a copyright strike. You may be able to avoid content ID match for a while, but eventually if you get a strike it can take forever to recover from. It's just best to use the plethora of free music out there instead. Look to places like nocopyrightsounds

3. DJStitch91

DJStitch91 Guest

4. CaptainSauce

CaptainSauce Active Member

5. DJStitch91

DJStitch91 Guest

ooo i get you now.

CaptainSauce likes this.
  6. Snappiestjack

Snappiestjack Member

If you are worried, then just start right now and use non copyrighted music.

A good source is twitch, the vasy majority of full-time streamers use non copyrighted music.

Examples of music;
    Big Giant Circles,
    Zircon,
    Monstercat.... can't think of more off the top of mu head.

A good youtube place is a a channel called NCS - non copyrighted sounds! They upload new songs on a daily basis that are copyright free, and links to the creators download page, with all of it being free! all you have to do it, credit them if you use there music.

^^^
    This is where I got my outro music from NCS Everybody ----https://youtu.be/eOaWVJhMqTM?t=23m55s

The channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_aEa8K-EOJ3D6gOs7HcyNg

Billy Z likes this.
  7. TabulaRasaGaming

TabulaRasaGaming Active Member

Yeah, I'll probably do something to that effect. Maybe create a little intro and outro stinger myself.

8. SacredRemedy

SacredRemedy Noob

best thing to do is just avoid using music altogether. but you can ask your gaming network and see if they have the licenses for the games you are playing. or you can get royalty free music and use them in your video.

9. Riddikore

Riddikore Active Member

Someone might also file a copyright claim with youtube and THEN you'll get a strike days after you've uploaded. It might not come from a content ID match right away. I've had that happen. So yeah I 'd suggest steering clear of commercial music.

Snappiestjack likes this.
  10. Project Tea Bagz

Project Tea Bagz Member

I also use music in my videos but I always use remixes and try with Shazam to see if it can be recognized