Clicky

How much does your game recording setup cost?

Discussion in 'Game Capture Devices & Programs' started by GameOverViper, Oct 3, 2015.

1. WAZY

WAZY Member

Oh wow that is quite a hefty amount of money.

2. datboy

datboy New Member

Tell me about it, I have to buy everything in my own country and here stuff is sooo freaking expensive :v

3. Miss Medi

Miss Medi Active Member

£750...luckily already had a good quality mic before starting ^^ (so that's for the PC & Fraps)

4. TruVetCommando

TruVetCommando Member Damn Mod

I would say about £3,000 but its worth it the quality is amazing :) I always get asked what my set up is:)

5. Njords77

Njords77 New Member

Crikey! you mean business i take it?

6. TruVetCommando

TruVetCommando Member Damn Mod

Yes bro

Just starting out but offering 4k content on my videos with a massive bitrate only 4k on youtube can deliver . This makes my videos amazing quality.

Consists of :

I7 top spec pc.( dedicated for capture )
    Xboxone day one edition
    Elgato hd 60 pro capture card
    5tb hd for xboxone.
    Dual screens for pc including my benq xl2730z for 1ms input lag and ready for xbox scorpios new features.
    My gaming chair most important....lol

Lots of big things happening going to be hosting xbox scorpio only call of duty competitions on my new upcoming website. Now also a Activision ambassador and writer for a website for improving your call of duty game which i wont spam you with here. But stay tuned lots coming :)

Njords77 likes this.
  7. TheRagingGamer_O

TheRagingGamer_O Active Member

Mine is 99% free!

If you exclude the cost for the GPU. I mostly use the nvidia shadowplay(I guess it's called Share, now?) because it's lightweight on my system and is easy to get going... and I've been using it for ages.

And I use audacity and a Blue Snowball for recording myself.

Unless, of course, I record my console (which I haven't done in ages) then it's with an elGato... but that's technically free too, as I got it as a gift.

TL;DR it depends lol

8. pottymouth plays

pottymouth plays New Member

pc (£500) when I got it, Xbox one (£400) day one, monitors (£100) each I've got two, TV (£300), headphones Sennheiser HD 25 (£150). But that's all before creating my channel. For the purpose of YouTube I've bought a capture card and a mic about £80 together so not that much for the sole purpose of YouTube but about £1500 in total