How do you make your videos?

To whom it concerns I am sorry if i posted this in the wrong section! please don't smite me!

Alright so I have been debating whether or not I should ask this so here it goes!

How do you make your gaming videos, or videos in general. Do you set yourself up and hit record or do you take the time and plan it out?

I usually make lets plays, as I have in the past! but I always stumble with the idea of should I record for about 20-30min with the same formula spoken intro+game+spoken outro=done, or should I record for long sessions like an hour or two and splice them up into small parts without the into/outro parts?

I just want to get an idea of what other people do when making videos in general, see what formula works for you and probably be introduced to knew ways to make content.

VBC Trinity Games

For me it really depends on the type of video.

For my Let's Plays I just hit record and go (I always have an intro and outro) - I feel that live commentary and true reactions are the most interesting (for playing a game blind at least). Sometimes I'll make a list of topics I want to talk about - or of things I need to do in the video (if I'm doing a LP/walkthrough or platinum series).

For other videos (like reviews/announcements/tips vids) I like to heavily script them so the information comes across in a clear, intelligent and concise manner. I'll record the audio and video separately for these to ensure that the audio is the best it can be :)

Anonity

Hi!
I always try to record for around 30 minutes. This is because Sony Vegas starts lagging with bigger files. If I record a let's play I don't prepare myself. Sometimes I think about topics to talk about, but most of the time I just 'improvise'.

I think you should try some different 'formulas' yourself and see what works best for you. Good luck with your channel! :blush:

Hi!
I always try to record for around 30 minutes. This is because Sony Vegas starts lagging with bigger files. If I record a let's play I don't prepare myself. Sometimes I think about topics to talk about, but most of the time I just 'improvise'.

I think you should try some different 'formulas' yourself and see what works best for you. Good luck with your channel! :blush:
Thanks for the luck! I greatly need and appreciate it!

AtlasPlus

I use to have the same problem as you, i couldn't figure out whether i wanted to splice the videos up or start/stop recording after around 15-20mins. I personally prefer to start/stop recording as i think it looks a little more 'professional'

I use to have the same problem as you, i couldn't figure out whether i wanted to splice the videos up or start/stop recording after around 15-20mins. I personally prefer to start/stop recording as i think it looks a little more 'professional'
Same! but then I run into the problem of over recording because I am into the game, Then I have to leave it without an outro.

AtlasPlus

Same! but then I run into the problem of over recording because I am into the game, Then I have to leave it without an outro.
That's the same problem i have with my current tekkit series!! I get really into it and them i'm like "has it been 15 minutes already??" haha. Atleast im not the only one with the problem lol

Discord

Latest New Threads