Help with network!

AJGemau

I am a growing channel and hope to join Curse in the future :) However, am i able to gain sponsorships now and then join a network? I'm a bit confused on the particular matter. Also with a network, do they deal with copyright or would i have to gain permission from the game developers to monetise etc?

ZekTeck

Andrew: CEO of ZekTeck Network
I am a growing channel and hope to join Curse in the future :) However, am i able to gain sponsorships now and then join a network? I'm a bit confused on the particular matter. Also with a network, do they deal with copyright or would i have to gain permission from the game developers to monetise etc?
I would not recommend monetizing if you are not in a network and have no rights to the game.

AJGemau

Sorry maybe it is the way i wrote it. What i'm asking is, if i join a network do they deal with copyright and that aspect of things?

GamerPerfection

I would not recommend monetizing if you are not in a network and have no rights to the game.
This is a typical piece of advice coming from a network owner. The majority of networks have no support or cover for monetizing, and making comments like you did makes it sound like anyone that wants to monetize SHOULD join a network, well is complete BS.

AJGemau

Thankyou GamerPerfection! So if i join a network (CURSE in this case) i am on my own for monetizing etc? I will obviously ask before i join, but that is the most likely scenario?

GamerPerfection

Thankyou GamerPerfection! So if i join a network (CURSE in this case) i am on my own for monetizing etc? I will obviously ask before i join, but that is the most likely scenario?
I can't comment on individual Networks as i've never joined any, so I don't know what Curse is like. But given that there are so many networks now compared to a few years ago there is no way the majority of them have gained any rights or protection from these game companies.

You can pretty much get everything and MORE from a forum like DamnLag than a Network can give you, with the exception of monetization issues. But don't be fooled into joining a network because you want to be monetized.

But as I said, I can't comment on individual networks benefits, so I can't give advice on your specific question.

AJGemau

Okay, thanks alot though i appreciate it :) Tbh the only reason i wanted to join a network like CURSE at least for a while, is to help me grow my channel. The rest i can do on my own, in time :)

GamerPerfection

Okay, thanks alot though i appreciate it :) Tbh the only reason i wanted to join a network like CURSE at least for a while, is to help me grow my channel. The rest i can do on my own, in time :)
You may call me biased, but you can grow your channel a lot more at DamnLag than most networks. But i'm biased. :p

AJGemau

Or i could do both.... :D I do love this community of which i posted my channel in the promotion section and nothing yet.... But i love the people here, and have got talking to quite a few :)

GamerPerfection

Or i could do both.... :D I do love this community of which i posted my channel in the promotion section and nothing yet.... But i love the people here, and have got talking to quite a few :)
That's how promotion works. Not by posting your channel in a thread, but by engaging with everyone here.

Discord