Having problems with OBS!

HuskyBoy

Hey there, sorry if this is in the wrong but i really need help my OBS keeps messing up not recording my videos properly, it'll record with the movements of anything on screen being all jumpy or it will just freeze and the entire recording is basically just a screenshot, its really frustrating as i want to record different games but i cant even record one. Anyone got any suggestions? im going to restart my computer and see if that fixes anything.

Stein

I'd need to know what video settings you're recording at, as well as the specs of your computer. Most likely its an issue of you trying to record at too high a quality without being able to handle it.

Some basic tips:
1-Go to your Task manager, find OBS in the details tab, right click, and set priority to high.
2-Set Obs to record at a lower resolution. If youre in 1280x720, try knocking it down to 480p.
3-In your output settings tab in OBS, set the CPU preset to something faster.
4-Leave the preview window open while you set up your scene, but while you're actually recording, ALWAYS turn the preview off. Obs uses extra power to keep the preview up. So before you start recording, right click the preview window and disable it.

Hope some of this helped and good luck!

D

DJStitch91

Hey there, sorry if this is in the wrong but i really need help my OBS keeps messing up not recording my videos properly, it'll record with the movements of anything on screen being all jumpy or it will just freeze and the entire recording is basically just a screenshot, its really frustrating as i want to record different games but i cant even record one. Anyone got any suggestions? im going to restart my computer and see if that fixes anything.
Advice for when asking for troubleshooting...
Give ur pc specs
Give software full name (are u using obs or obs studio?)
Give version number
Give current settings and any u have tried out.

Discord

Latest New Threads