Hard time recording with voice...

hi, im having a really big problem, im currently recording a undertale genocide gameplay, and i have been noticing its too much silent, i tried to record it with voice, but i get easily embarassed and then i forget what im going to say and thus i mess up the recording, and end up taking my voice out of the video, im fine when recording together with other people but i dont feel really encouraged when recording alone >~< somebody has any tips for me?

Unlucky_Desperado

I actually understand this too well. Years ago I was trying to do a podcast with some people and occasionally be stuck doing it by myself. When editing the I would hate the sound of my voice and get self conscious. but one thing I've learned is that even if you mess up the recording, most people won't fault you, and having looked at one of your Undertale playthroughs...that game needs more then just the game music. Try different voices for each character, try to come up with an announcer style voice that you use when commentating, something that can feel like a change from you to something you have to keep in check and work with.

Sometimes we get so caught up doing videos and trying to make them perfect that we forget, it's about having fun. Don't freak out about the little things and just try to enjoy the game and people will enjoy it too, even if you flub a line or two

I actually understand this too well. Years ago I was trying to do a podcast with some people and occasionally be stuck doing it by myself. When editing the I would hate the sound of my voice and get self conscious. but one thing I've learned is that even if you mess up the recording, most people won't fault you, and having looked at one of your Undertale playthroughs...that game needs more then just the game music. Try different voices for each character, try to come up with an announcer style voice that you use when commentating, something that can feel like a change from you to something you have to keep in check and work with.

Sometimes we get so caught up doing videos and trying to make them perfect that we forget, it's about having fun. Don't freak out about the little things and just try to enjoy the game and people will enjoy it too, even if you flub a line or two
ty, thats really encouraging, alright, i might as well try doing the voices, but i do not only get nervous because of recording alone, but also nervous from people hearing me talking when im talking in a different lenguage, for example english, since im portuguese its pretty weird talking alone, in english when recording ^^'

Unlucky_Desperado

that's understandable and doubt in a second language is hard to overcome. Having to think about what you're saying even more the usual. But the more you practice the better you'll get and the more confident you'll get. Just give it time take a breath, and even if the pace feels slow then it'll be slow. Undertale is a slow game and it'll fit fine.

that's understandable and doubt in a second language is hard to overcome. Having to think about what you're saying even more the usual. But the more you practice the better you'll get and the more confident you'll get. Just give it time take a breath, and even if the pace feels slow then it'll be slow. Undertale is a slow game and it'll fit fine.
well, i guess i could practice talking english by speaking a little more openly, since im alone i could use it to fit, but i dont really like my accent as an english accent, its like im talking forced english that im struggling to speak :c well i dont care might as well try, got nothing to loose XD

Discord

Latest New Threads