Good Vlogging Camera?

D

DJStitch91

This is a good question that's yet to have been asked so stickied... and do you mean webcam or handheld?

doodrun14

Rookie
No reply yet? Shame!

I use a Canon Vixia HF R62. Max quality is 1080p 60fps, and can record about 2 hours of footage at that quality. Battery life is similar at that quality, and if you need to, you can also control camera functions via your phone (under a lower quality setting for some reason). Sound is nice, but it picks up echo as well.

Just be mindful of your surroundings and it'll be your best friend in recording ^^

Sh1ttyG4mer

I'm a video production student currently and I can definitely give a +1 to the canon vixia I've used them personally and they are pretty good for camcorders, I suggest picking up a shotgun microphone instead of the built in mic though.

If you are camera savvy whatsoever DSLRs can capture great video but with some limitations first you need to know how to use the camera and properly use the settings because if you turn it on auto it will have terrible quality. I use a canon T4i with a 50mm lens for most of my video but you could pick up a used T2i for fairly cheap and still get great quality with fewer features. If you download a program like magic lantern on the camera you can bypass a lot of it's faults such as only being able to record for 30 minute intervals. If you are looking to spend money and get something fairly nice I would recommend Sony's new mirrorless DSLRs, they are awesome.

Beyond either of these camera choices there is more equipment to take into consideration. The two most important things being lighting and a tripod. Lighting is essential the best camera in the world cannot capture a quality image unless it is well lit, the ISO or Gain on the camera will try to digitally replicate the absence of light and the image quality will greatly suffer. Second is a tripod there are both video and photography tripods, a photography tripod is not a bad option if you plan to keep the camera in one place and not move it, but if you need to do any sort of panning or camera movements then you will need tripod with a video head.

Also at the very low end if you are just doing vlogging in front of your computer screen Logitech makes excellent webcams with video quality that has blown me away. I consider myself a video professional and I am extremely happy with the quality I get from Logitech c270 webcam, although it is only 720p they have other 1080p options

I hope this helped I know it was kind of a long answer for a short question but when it comes to camera there's a lot to cover and this is me trying to keep it brief. Good luck with your search for a camera!

D

DJStitch91

I'm a video production student currently and I can definitely give a +1 to the canon vixia I've used them personally and they are pretty good for camcorders, I suggest picking up a shotgun microphone instead of the built in mic though.

If you are camera savvy whatsoever DSLRs can capture great video but with some limitations first you need to know how to use the camera and properly use the settings because if you turn it on auto it will have terrible quality. I use a canon T4i with a 50mm lens for most of my video but you could pick up a used T2i for fairly cheap and still get great quality with fewer features. If you download a program like magic lantern on the camera you can bypass a lot of it's faults such as only being able to record for 30 minute intervals. If you are looking to spend money and get something fairly nice I would recommend Sony's new mirrorless DSLRs, they are awesome.

Beyond either of these camera choices there is more equipment to take into consideration. The two most important things being lighting and a tripod. Lighting is essential the best camera in the world cannot capture a quality image unless it is well lit, the ISO or Gain on the camera will try to digitally replicate the absence of light and the image quality will greatly suffer. Second is a tripod there are both video and photography tripods, a photography tripod is not a bad option if you plan to keep the camera in one place and not move it, but if you need to do any sort of panning or camera movements then you will need tripod with a video head.

Also at the very low end if you are just doing vlogging in front of your computer screen Logitech makes excellent webcams with video quality that has blown me away. I consider myself a video professional and I am extremely happy with the quality I get from Logitech c270 webcam, although it is only 720p they have other 1080p options

I hope this helped I know it was kind of a long answer for a short question but when it comes to camera there's a lot to cover and this is me trying to keep it brief. Good luck with your search for a camera!
I agree with all of this but unless you have a crap mic already skip the shotgun mic and use your own quality mic in time it will take you a min tops to sync sound.

L33allm1ghty

looking for a camera that i can use to record my self while doing gameplay and the occasional Vlog to, i use my own usb microphone

Sh1ttyG4mer

looking for a camera that i can use to record my self while doing gameplay and the occasional Vlog to, i use my own usb microphone
once again I'd recommend the Logitech webcams I said the c270 is good earlier but I think I actually use the c310. It's just a good cheap webcam it just works exactly how it should.

Discord

Latest New Threads