Does equipment matter?

SpongePeye

Hey,
SpongePeye here. Today I wanted to discuss a thing or two about what fancy equipment to use and all that expensive stuff. Well, from what I saw on many youtube channels, is that you don't need to buy all that fancy gadgets, of course a good quality video and audio is recommended, but the most important thing id connection between you and the people. Tell me what you think about this!

Navinax

Well here is the thing, yes it is true you probably do not need fancy equipment to grow on youtube, but still just put yourself in the viewers position, wouldn't you click on a video with a nice thumbnail over a one that has a very bad one? Wouldn't you enjoy more the video if it was with good audio and video quality? Would all that make the chance of you subscribing a lot higher? Things like that you do need to think about sometimes.

SpongePeye

Well here is the thing, yes it is true you probably do not need fancy equipment to grow on youtube, but still just put yourself in the viewers position, wouldn't you click on a video with a nice thumbnail over a one that has a very bad one? Wouldn't you enjoy more the video if it was with good audio and video quality? Would all that make the chance of you subscribing a lot higher? Things like that you do need to think about sometimes.
you're right and I COMPLETELY agree with that, but its just that some people buy a $5000 machine to play games while they're not connected to the audience, that is what iam saying is bad. But yes, a good thumbnail, a great video and audio is a neccesity

AtlasPlus

You just have to make do with what you have got. At the end of the day, if you're really passionate about youtube then you will find means of getting better equipment whether it be through a job or whatever.

Karen

I think there's a lot to be said about the state of your channel. Just starting off? Make do with what you have. As time progresses, if your rig and equipment isn't up to standard, you'll know (either through comments or your own experiences while recording). By then, you'll probably be in a better position to get upgrades or be more confident in investing more in your channel in this way.

FROYOBROS

Audio equipment really does matter (in my opinion) I would much rather watch someone with good audio, capture is not as crucial.

ChickenKrispy

Yes and no. I think you're definitely right when it comes to content quality over equipment quality alone. However, video quality and audio quality are of utmost importance in my honest opinion. If you have to drop your money somewhere, do it on a decent mic and a respectable PC build. For audio, i'm actually using a Blue Snowball cardioid mic ($70) along with Audacity to edit the sound to make it more studio quality.

Chris Jaynik

Well.. a good PC to make quality videos ist the basic requirement. In addition to that a microphone. Doesn't haven't to be a 200$+ Mic Using a Snowball myself and I'm pretty satisfied with the results.
A Mixer or whatever some people are using is not nearly worth the price compared to the gain of quality. But the basic things, good hardware for 1080p60fps and good Bitrate should be the minimum in my opinion, at least that's my own requirement to myself. :)

Discord

Latest New Threads