Do bigger channels have more rights?

Discussion in 'YouTube Monetization & Copyright' started by Royal HyP3, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Royal HyP3

Royal HyP3 Member

I recently uploaded a zetsubou no shima gameplay and it included an opening cutscene that was used as a trailer. It says that the video is owned by activision now because of a content id match. Bigger youtubers like, eliteshot, ali a, and prestigeiskey have all posted gameplay with the trailer in it. I didnt talk during the cutscene and neither did they. Does having a bigger channel allow you to post AND monetize videos with trailers? OR is it their network???

2. DJStitch91

DJStitch91 Guest

Id imagine they got permission from activision.

Without asking or checking geneal rule is no cutscenes.

3. isengdudegame

isengdudegame Member

I also think like that, it makes me eager to be bigger and more in youtube ... no pain no gain

4. ChickenKrispy

ChickenKrispy Active Member

They don't necessarily have more rights. They still have to abide by and comply to the rules. However, they have lawyers in addition to more lee way with developers.

5. Geoboy4000

Geoboy4000 Member

I have been wondering about this.. Pewdiepie does it in almost all of his videos

6. robbie56

robbie56 Veteran

They might be sponsored video's; Activision pays them for playing it.

7. TheGhostGo

TheGhostGo New Member

i feel like they do

8. RegularGamerHD

RegularGamerHD New Member

They definitely don't have more rights than anyone else. However, it's easier for them to reach out to the company, or the other way around and get permission to upload such things. The reason people feel like they have more rights is simply because they are bigger and companies may see that as promotion, where they would see a small channel as stealing their videos