Copyright Claim?

Discussion in 'YouTube Monetization & Copyright' started by ImperialArm, Jan 20, 2017.

1. ImperialArm

ImperialArm Member

I just finished uploading a video for release later next week and received this in my email
    Hi Imperial Arm Gaming,

A copyright owner using Content ID claimed some material in your video.

This is just a heads up
    Don’t worry. You’re not in trouble and your account standing is not affected by this.

There are either ads running on your video, with the revenue going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your video’s views.

• Video title: Osiris New Dawn now with the Aziel update: Humble beginnings
    • Copyrighted song: Missing In Time
    • Claimed by: Audio Network

What's next?
    If there are no problems, you don’t need to take any action. You don't need to delete your video.

If something went wrong and the copyright owner or our system made a mistake, we have a dispute process. Only use it if you’re confident you have the rights to use all the content in your video.

- The YouTube Team
    First off what the hell is it, and second how do I solve this problem. I would assume I could just lower the game music to zero, but the game music was already low to begin with. I went back and watched some other videos and spoke to a few YouTubers that have done the same game and they stated that they didn't receive this notice. Advice, suggestions, or solutions would be great

Solid Brass likes this.
  2. Solid Brass

Solid Brass Member

This is really useful and I wish I had seen it on my first video. When I got a strike I didn't have a clue and thought it meant bad news. I had to read it on it myself, shame that YouTube doesn't make all this clearer on day one