Community guildline strike

Discussion in 'YouTube Monetization & Copyright' started by Foorson, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Foorson

Foorson Active Member

So basically i got 2 strikes and i can't upload anything until november

does it have sense to continue with my channel or should i start new one and build from there?
    i have 815 subscribers on my channel now

2. Jack Muskrat

Jack Muskrat Active Member Staff Member Damn Mod

816 ;)

It's completely up to you. I can't remember if the strikes stay with you forever or just, like, 12 months. And isn't it 3 strikes and your channel gets wiped?

I guess it kind of depends on the legitimacy of the claims (I think you can dispute them if you think they're wrong and they get scrubbed), and whether or not it's something you were hoping to continue doing. That makes it sound like I'm accusing you of something, and I really don't mean it that way. I don't know what the claims are for (it's not my business), and I'm just putting things out there that you should consider when deciding either way.

Another thing to think about is how active your viewers are and how your growth has been. If you have 800+ subs but only get a couple of dozen views per video then you know your sub activity is far from high. And this mixed with how slow or fast your growth is could lean you towards the idea that starting a new channel may not be so damaging, especially as you can make a vlog and direct people to the new channel from the old one. But on the flip side if you get a lot of activity and growth then it may mean it'd be better to try sticking with the channel you have.

Again, it's completely up to you - these are just things to think about. I started a new channel earlier this year because I had previously run one for 4.5 years, my view counts were averaging about 25-30 per vid, and I managed to get ~350 subs in those years (growth was SLOW!) - I fully put this down to the fact for the first 3-ish years I didn't know what I was doing and truly think my content was awful, but then hit a turning point where I learnt a lot more and put a lot of effort in, but had hundreds of videos dragging the channel down. So I started afresh and while it's not been a massive jump, in just 4 months I've reached 185 subs, get between 30 and 50 views per video (some have hundreds), and I get a lot more interaction with people in comments, on Twitter, and during livestreams compared to what I use to get.

3. Foorson

Foorson Active Member

I don't really have big engagement - my first videos was pretty bad quality. I don't know why i got strikes on my doom vids (2 of them) they didn't tell why i got them. I just got message that this video and this video got community guideline strike and thats it

4. Jack Muskrat

Do you have the option to dispute them? If so, I would. At the end of the day you have nothing to lose seeing as if the disputes fail they just stay there, but if you win they're removed.

5. Foorson

Foorson Active Member

Yes I did that - I guess now I just need to wait and see how the things goes

6. Jack Muskrat

Fingers crossed for ya buddy

7. Foorson

Foorson Active Member