Clarification on partner rev share

Legndz

I have been looking into the whole partner/network idea and the one thing I always notice is the wording networks use to describe payouts. They use the 80/20 share or 70/30 share and then say youtube only gives you 45/55.

When I was thinking about this I couldn't figure out how they could "undercut" YouTube on its own ads on its own site. The only answer that made any sense to me was that the rev share they are referring to must be "you get a 70/30 share of the 45% that youtube was paying you to begin with" I understand that larger channels with 1m+ subs can have their network sell higher priced ads on that channel ect but for a small channel that is growing wouldn't we be better off just staying youtube partner or with a network like damnlag that still promotes us a bit and offers some services with only a 10% share?

I could be way off on this so if someone can help fill in the blanks here that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Armaedus

I have been looking into the whole partner/network idea and the one thing I always notice is the wording networks use to describe payouts. They use the 80/20 share or 70/30 share and then say youtube only gives you 45/55.

When I was thinking about this I couldn't figure out how they could "undercut" YouTube on its own ads on its own site. The only answer that made any sense to me was that the rev share they are referring to must be "you get a 70/30 share of the 45% that youtube was paying you to begin with" I understand that larger channels with 1m+ subs can have their network sell higher priced ads on that channel ect but for a small channel that is growing wouldn't we be better off just staying youtube partner or with a network like damnlag that still promotes us a bit and offers some services with only a 10% share?

I could be way off on this so if someone can help fill in the blanks here that would be great!

Thanks in advance!
That's how I understand it. So yeah, I would think staying on your own is probably better. And also don't forget, most of the "services" or "benefits" traditionally provided by an MCN are mostly freely available to anyone that is partner verified with Youtube. So that basically makes most MCNs irrelevant on Youtube today. When I say most I mean like 95% or more.

DiamondMine

It works exactly this way, but I will say, some YouTube networks offer more things than youtube does, and There is a thing known as a minimum payout threshold, where you need to earn a certain amount of money to get paid, YouTube's is you need to earn $100 before they pay you, and most networks have between a $0 - $5 minimum payout threshold, so it is still probably better to join a network, its just trying to find one that isnt a scam. I suggest using this http://www.ytcheck.com/scam-networks.html any of those networks, or subnetworks of those networks, are most likely scams. Do you research, and read all contracts before you join a network, also search for reviews.

Discord