Clicky

ARE GAME TRAILERS COPYRIGHTED?

Discussion in 'YouTube Monetization & Copyright' started by Chrisnonymous, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Chrisnonymous

Chrisnonymous Member

I'm thinking of having a project for my channel and creating something that involves the use of game trailers from E3. I'm not going to include the audio, I just want the visual. Would I be able to get away with that, say if I use like a short 5 second snippet?

2. GamingKick

GamingKick Active Member

I did a few trailer reviews on my channel and never had problems with them! Even monetized some of them! After all it's free advertisment!

Just stay away from copyrighted music and Nintendo owned material! ;-)

3. NEKIO

NEKIO Member

stay away from nintendo, and you should be fine, worst thing you get a content claim on the trailer because of the music is sometimes copyright, everyone posts gameplay trailers.

like this guy with almost HALF a million Subs
    h t t p s://www.youtube.com/user/Izuniy/videos

Indie games are the best, you can post there trailers without worry, triple AAA titles are where you get claimed.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  4. DJStitch91

DJStitch91 Guest

Anything owned/made by a company is copyrighted. So yes trailers included

5. GamerPerfection

GamerPerfection Well-Known Member Staff Member Damn Mod

As people have said everything is copyrighted, so that answers that question. BUT with trailers if you have no sound/music that is better, but often with trailers it will contain a lot, if not all, cut-scenes. This is where the problems can come in.

6. Chrisnonymous

Chrisnonymous Member

Thanks so much for the feedback guys! I'm going to try anyway, the thing I wanna do with the game trailers is make it into a montage or mashup and like over edit the hell out of it, I'll try to find some royalty free music and I wouldn't really mind if I monetize the video or not. I think it's a cool, fun video that might create traffic to my channel. If it gets like a legit strike then I'll probably take it down :(

7. Chevice

Chevice Member

I dont believe so, just do some minor editing and youll be fine.