Any tips on compressing videos ?

Sata

So I know all about this handbrake software. It is all over the youtube. But Is there any other software that you recommend ? I have very bad upload speed, so a longer video (>30min) is sometimes being uploaded for over 16h. If you happen to use handbrake. What settings do you use ? I am very sceptical about using these programs, but I am considering using them for very long videos since it is not pleasant to upload videos for that long.

DJStitch

So I know all about this handbrake software. It is all over the youtube. But Is there any other software that you recommend ? I have very bad upload speed, so a longer video (>30min) is sometimes being uploaded for over 16h. If you happen to use handbrake. What settings do you use ? I am very sceptical about using these programs, but I am considering using them for very long videos since it is not pleasant to upload videos for that long.
Hardbrake... theres a few threads that already recommend it

hey man! for handbrake, this is my settings(everything i dont mention is on default):
-web optimized checked
- constant framerate box checked
Encoder Options:
-profile auto
-level auto
Quality:
-Constant quality box checked
- RF: 18 or 15(15 if i feel like i rlly wanna reduce the quality loss, but 18 is fine)
And everything else is on default :D

Statless

Because everyone else is commenting handbrake, I'll mention 'Freemake Video Converter'. It compresses videos and allows you to change the format of them, however the free version does add a ~2 second watermark to the start and end of your videos. Not sure how much the paid version is, probably $10-$15, but it's a alternative to Handbrake

risktwo

Handbrake is free and it's for both mac/pc