Clicky

Ad Block, Do you use it?

Discussion in 'YouTube Monetization & Copyright' started by GameOverViper, Sep 27, 2014.

1. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

Who here actually uses ad block add-on's that prevent advertisements from showing for you?

I understand its useful in allowing you to watch more videos at one time, rather than waste 30 - 60+ seconds watching an advertisement that you probably aren't even going to click on. But these ads also help support YouTube creators. Does supporting your favorite channels make you not use ad block or do you use it no matter what channel your watching?

2. Basildoom HD

Basildoom HD Noob

I personally use adblocker for everybody and I assume people use it on me too. I don't like ads being forced down my throat, especially when I wanna listen to a music video or a quick how to.

RBG likes this.
  3. Luftangreifer

Luftangreifer Active Member

Used to, but not anymore.

4. Neverwind

Neverwind Noob

I do but in my opinion, i think the ads should have something your interesting in. Like gaming, sports, travel, etc or better yet show other YouTube channels that you might like.

RetralMega likes this.
  5. GameOverViper

GameOverViper Administrator Staff Member Damn Admin

I want to support Youtube creators so I don't use Adblock and I don't have any plans on using it. YouTube is a great way for someone to make it a career out of and if everyone's using adblock, then that takes away from the creator. If the creator isn't making enough to live off of, then that means less videos as he/she will have to find a job other than YouTube, and that limits the videos being uploaded.

6. AKrispyKracker

AKrispyKracker New Member

7. AKrispyKracker

AKrispyKracker New Member

8. GeeGeeGweppo

GeeGeeGweppo I'm a Master Mind :P Damn Mod

Well i've stopped using ad-block.

9. KingdomGnark

KingdomGnark Active Member

I use it for everything other than Youtube, because I don't want to screw over fellow Youtubers

wrayn3game likes this.
  10. Tango_Echo_Alpha

Tango_Echo_Alpha Active Member

Same here - I just have AB disabled for YouTube.

wrayn3game likes this.